8 weeks pregnant

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

tisdag 31 juli 2007

Doctors, Religion, and the Poor

Posted on 07:58 by Unknown
I can't figure out if I'm surprised about this or not. ...
---------------------------------------------------------------

Newswise — Although most religious traditions call on the faithful to serve the poor, a large cross-sectional survey of U.S. physicians found that physicians who are more religious are slightly less likely to practice medicine among the underserved than physicians with no religious affiliation.

In the July/August issue of the Annals of Family Medicine, researchers from the University of Chicago and Yale New Haven Hospital report that 31 percent of physicians who were more religious—as measured by "intrinsic religiosity" as well as frequency of attendance at religious services—practiced among the underserved, compared to 35 percent of physicians who described their religion as atheist, agnostic or none.

Skicka med e-postBlogThis!Dela på XDela på Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Senaste inlägg Äldre inlägg Startsida

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Prenumerera på: Kommentarer till inlägget (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Korean adoption: domestic adoptions going up?
    There is a growing movement in Korea to encourage domestic, instead of foreign, adoption. This could be a welcome trend. I still think the...
  • Red Seaweed as HPV/cervical cancer preventative
    The Triple Helix is a magazine of young scientists/med students/etc. that's published here at Brown, and I find it really well done and...
  • Consume for the cause?
    Yesterday we spoke of breast cancer, which made me think about how I never understood how buying some chemical-laden lipstick with a pink ri...
  • Mammograms: more complicated than meets the eye
    My midwives hate it when it's time for my yearly checkup because we get into a gigantic fight about mammograms, which they believe every...
  • The Occasional CELEBRITY FERTILITY column: Madonna adopts a "Colorful" Child
    In an earlier post I wrote about how according to the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute, Angelina Jolie's adoption of a child from E...
  • 'Lab-made sperm' fertility hope
    (image: BBC) To go with the earlier post about the artificial womb . Now, we're finally almost at the point where we can remove humans ...
  • The Downward Flow...
    Thi is from the Seventh Generation site The Non-Toxic Times Newsletter - Seventh Generation : "Riding the Crimson Highway With Aunt Flo...
  • Milk Chug on Train
    Okay people, so I was on the train going up for my usual acupuncture and torture--I mean tuina--massage and the lady sitting across from me ...
  • Dying bees-- so sad!
    I wrote just a little while ago about watching out for your honey (not the Valentine's day honey, the bee honey!) because if it's no...
  • Blog Identity Theft, or Just Erasure?
    MOOD: intrinsically sad Yikes, I am now officially cannibalizing myself (at least I'm mostly organic--yum!). Adopt...

Categories

  • big pharma
  • big pharma legislation supplements compounded medicine lobbyists
  • chickenpox
  • Gardasil
  • HPV
  • Merck
  • reviews candles soy wax
  • reviews health food bars
  • vaccines
  • wal-mart big box retailers China labor

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2007 (144)
    • ►  september (5)
    • ►  augusti (15)
    • ▼  juli (17)
      • Doctors, Religion, and the Poor
      • Toxic Golf Courses
      • Western Diet Linked to Breast Cancer in Asian Women
      • REVIEW: Larry's Beans Coffee
      • Versatile hemp
      • Routine Feeding Of Antibiotics To Livestock May Be...
      • "Walk to School" initiative/program/etc.
      • REVIEW: Green This! by Deirdre Imus
      • Meat and fertility
      • Flying and Fertility?
      • Immigration May be Bad for your Health
      • Endometriosis and Cancer
      • Pre-implantation Genetic Screening May not Improve...
      • How Safe are Fertility Treatments?
      • SSRIs may cause bone loss
      • Happy Fourth!
      • Folic Acid can mask B12 deficiency
    • ►  juni (10)
    • ►  maj (15)
    • ►  april (20)
    • ►  mars (21)
    • ►  februari (20)
    • ►  januari (21)
  • ►  2006 (227)
    • ►  december (21)
    • ►  november (21)
    • ►  oktober (17)
    • ►  september (25)
    • ►  augusti (24)
    • ►  juli (32)
    • ►  juni (35)
    • ►  maj (40)
    • ►  april (12)
Använder Blogger.

Om mig

Unknown
Visa hela min profil